Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Pop Art

The magic wand toll was useful during this project because it allowed me to easily select different sections of my photo and color them whatever color i wanted. To make each portrait unique i played with the image adjustments like curves and human saturation. I wanted all my portraits to vary in color and in the lightness and darkness.

The strongest visual area of my piece is in each separate portrait i believe the colors i chose all compliment each other very nicely. For example the yellow and the blue combined together both bring out the light and dark areas very nicely. A visual area of my piece that can be improved is  my bottom left portrait. This particular portrait seemed to blow out all the details on the face. I could improve the by altering the color a little bit by making the colors on the face area darker. The tools i used during this project include layers, the magic wand, paint brush and curves.  I used layers to copy the original piece 4 times and then i edited each piece to make them unique separately.  I used the magic wand to select all the different shade of gray and then i followed this by using the paint brush to paint my desired color to the areas i selected. Lastly i used curved to change the colors of each image.

The easy part about this activity was creating three other portraits after creating one. This is because after creating my first piece I was able to make adjustments on curves to the copies of my original and this took only about 5 minutes.  The difficult part about this activity was attempting to make each portrait unique. Why editing each portrait i was always concerned that i was making them all look to similar.

I met each on the goals in the activity because first of all my effort towards the activity was very good and i was able to use my time wisely and i was even able to help my other class mates with their pop art projects. I also have submitted all my work including all 4 of my pop art portraits and the completed reflection. If i could do this assignment again i would change the original photo i used. I probably would have changed it to a photo which is closer up on my face, but i still like the way these portraits came out as well. Lastly, on a scale on 1 to 10 i would rate my effort on this project as a 10 because i got the entire project done in 2 quick classes and worked hard to make each portrait different.

1 comment:

  1. Effort:4
    Composition: 3
    Magic Wand Selection:4
    Color/Contrast: 3 (Right 2 pictures could be more altered. Very similar.)
    Craftsmanship: 4
    Reflection: 4
    A-

    ReplyDelete