Friday, March 24, 2017

Kaleidoscope








Reflection:

The strongest part of my first piece in my opinion is the organization of it because i feel like all the squares that make up the image all work together well because of where i places them. Also I like the color scheme i chose to work with in this piece. The strongest part of my second piece is the filter i chose and the colors. I like this part of my piece because the blue background looks like the sky and the white flower petals almost seem like birds in flight. The strongest part of the third piece is the "alienish" look it has. I like this because i feel like all the separate triangles combine to create what almost looks like an extraterrestrial creature. The visual part of my first piece that could be improved is that i wish i had originally added more to it because the final product is very simple. To improve my second piece i would've changed the color scheme. Although i don't hate the color scheme i used, i also believe there could have been different color adjustments that may have been able to add more different types of colors to my design instead of it all being one. To improve my last piece I would work on changing the design of some of the components. The entire design i created has the same filter and to add a little more to this piece i would change the filter for some of them to make it more complex.

The tools i used to create this piece includes Photoshop, Miss. Cabral's tutorials and demos, and my iphone to take the photo i used. I used these all the create my final design by taking the photo that i took in San Diego and then using Miss. Cabral's tutorial and demos to assist me in creating a kaleidoscope with Photoshop. I followed the steps i was given to create a piece that was symmetrical and then played around with Photoshop until i got the final design i desired. The easy part about this activity was changing the color and adding filters to my final design. This was easy because all i had to do was click adjustments and then move the color scale or click through the filter options i was given. The difficult part about this assignment was getting started. I found following the kaleidoscope tutorial to be hard. I needed a lot of added assistance from my peers and Miss. Cabral. Often times after Miss. Cabral goes over what we to do with the whole class i forget exactly what she did and then i get stuck.

I met the requirement for effort towards this activity because i stayed very focused throughout class and stuck with the work even when i got frustrated because i didn't know how to accomplish what i wanted. My compositions also all have symmetry because if you vertically/horizontally cut my images in half they will mirror each other. Also i did submit all my work and have finished 3 final pieces and i have also submitted the original image i worked with. My Craftsmen of Editing/Quality is weaker than i would like however i do feel like i properly edited my images and there are no gaps. Lastly, i have completed the Art Reflection which was required. I answered all the questions in complete clear sentences and i used correct vocabulary. If I could do this assignment again i would try and be less afraid to ask for help. Sometimes when i go stuck i would avoid asking for help even though i should've just done it. This would have made completing my project much smoother. On a scale from 1-10 i would rate my effort of this project at a 9. I worked very hard on my pieces, however i want to be less embarrassed when i get stuck and simply start asking for help.

2 comments:

  1. The visual I’ve present is a Kaleidoscope by Gabriella. What I see in the visual is well thought out piece that choose colors that would capture the eyes of the viewer. The colors of the two picture give an ocean breeze feeling. The black resemble a somewhat broken mirror. Rather very capturing. The shape in number one is easy to point out what shapes are made. Also the first picture is well symmetric and vibrant. The choice of colors is perfect from the white mix with blue. The second image has a nice pattern. The pattern resemble of birds, like doves. Aiming toward the center. Lastly, the third is complete different from the other two which it stands out more. Giving its own touch.
    Although, there’s some good there’s also something that are troubling. For instants two and three I can’t tell whether they’re kaleidoscope since they don’t look even. The placement makes them look out of place. The second one shape is hard to distinguish because it look more just figures out of place.
    The strongest has to be to be number one because I can firmly see that it’s a kaleidoscope. Also it easy and simple to the touch. Also It well put out together well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Effort: 4
    Composition/symmetry:3
    Submission of all work: 4
    Craftsmanship:4
    Artist Reflection:3.5 (what types of symmetry did you use?)
    18.5/20= 93%

    ReplyDelete